- Dan Armstrong Plexiglas electric. Used early on with the Cramps, before any major recordings, and was reportedly stolen.
- Canadian-made Bill Lewis double-cutaway solidbody electric. Primary guitar until 1984. Little is known about this guitar, aside from its use by David Gilmour (who supposedly used a custom Lewis 24-fret to hit high notes on Dark Side of the Moon).
- 1958 Gretsch 6120. Orange body, pre-patent Filtertrons. Primary guitar from 1985 to 2009.
- Ivy also maintains a collection of other guitars, including a favored Gibson ES-295 goldtop single-cutaway with dual P-90s.
- Effects: Univox Super-Fuzz (main pedal), Tube Works Real Tube, Boss TU-2, Boss TR-2, Maxon AD80, Fulltone Supa-Trem, Ibanez delay, Guyatone overdrive
- Amps: Onstage, a Fender BF Pro Reverb (w/ 15" JBL). Before that, she used a Fender Vibrolux and a Fender SF Twin Reverb. In the studio, smaller Valco or Allen combos.
- Other: D’Addario XL115 strings (11-49)
- Guitars: Gibson Explorer
- Amps: Fender SF Twin Reverb
- Guitars: Gibson Flying V